How does Brexit affect Ex-Pats in Germany?

29. Sep 17

How does Brexit affect Ex-Pats in Germany?
I dont really want to get into if one was for or against Brexit, but rather discuss how it affects Brits living in Germany. For example if part of your retirement pension is paid by England and the other part paid by Germany, how will that affect our retirement.
How will health cover be dealt with? Will we go back to the old E111 paperwork when we visit the UK?
Will UK retirement pensions remain tax free? We could also discuss passports and residents passes etc.

I would be VERY INTERESTED as to how it affects German citizens going to the UK.

I have writen a few ideas just to get this thread moving.

Cheers, William.

29. Sep 17

April 2018 is my partners retirement due from the time he was in the UK army,( he was also told he can get it paid out in one big payment ) ( still has his german retirment ahead of himself ) so we will see what we have ahead of ourselves, though we were told ( as I am american ) that we just need apply at the embasy and file all of what we need to and the rest will happen on its own. My mother retired in Texas and becomes her retirment sent onto her US account as do other friends and aquäntances. As to the medical care, well he works for germans and has german healthcare. We are also waiting to see what happens when the Brexit finally hits as there are alot of UK citizens here and will have to renew the passport also.

Trischa

30. Sep 17

Hi Trischa, l think what you are writing about is the lump sum payment at 60th birthday and then the monthly payments from the Ministry of Defence.

I recieved my payment last year (about £12000) followed by about £300 each month, depending on the current exchange rate.

Cheers, William.

Interessante Gruppen zum Thema

• Rubens aktiv Nord
    Rubens aktiv Nord
    Wir sind eine aktive Rubens Gruppe, die sich gerne mit Gleichgesinnten zu Events, Dates und mehr treffen.
  • HÜ aktiv Germany
    HÜ aktiv Germany
    Die Gruppe für Männer, Frauen, Paare, Veranstalter und Clubs die den aktiven Herrenüberschuss lieben!
  • Flohmarkt
    Flohmarkt
    Flohmarkt - Ankauf und Verkauf von allerlei Dingen aus vielen Bereichen von Privat an Privat